On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:24 -0500, "Walter Gilbert" <ldott...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 4/3/2011 5:19 PM, Larry Colen wrote:

> > I'm pretty sure that Bibble has a demo version.  Give that a try.  Less
> > expensive than lightroom, and they have a few features I miss in lightroom,
> > like being able to sort by things like ISO.
>

> I'll definitely look into Bibble.  I have The GIMP and have been tooling
> around with it.  But, so far, it's completely alien to me, and has a
> fairly steep learning curve.  Thanks for the info.

Another possibility you might consider is an image cataloguing program
linked to a photo editor. This is probably less efficient than
Lightroom, Bibble etc where both features are included in the one
program, but it is far less expensive.

I use a cataloguing program called Studioline Photo Classic (there is a
freeware version called Studioline Photo Basic).  It reads PEF and DNG,
includes a good range of photo editing tools and has rudimentary RAW
conversion, but it also allows the user to link to an external Photo
Editor/RAW converter.  When I want to work on a DNG file, I just open it
in ACR/Photoshop directly from Studioline - but you could equally use
any other raw converter such as the Pentax Digital Camera Utility, Raw
Therapee (freeware) or GIMP with the UFRaw plug-in.

http://www.studioline.biz/EN/

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters