Hi all,

So, I recently inherited a copy of this software from my brother who was using it to edit and catalog photos of is granddaughter, but decided he didn't need all the bells and whistles that came along with it and wanted something a little more basic. Given that my old copy of Photoshop 7 predates DNG support and I can't seem to find the plugin that will make it do so, I thought I'd give it a shot. (I don't have the dough to spend on CS or LR, unfortunately, so my options are limited here.)

Does anyone have any experience with this software at all? Because, so far, I'm very much less than impressed with it, and not for lack of features. It seems fine in that regard. What is really, really grating on me is the extreme -- and I use that word advisedly -- slowness in cataloging my DNG files in the "organizer". It's taking somewhere around four seconds per photo! Picasa doesn't have this problem at all. It zips right through them like a hot knife through butter. Unfortunately, Picasa doesn't have the features that PSP does. Otherwise, I'd just say "screw it".

Anyone know why it might be taking so long to catalog these photos, and any idea if there's something that can be done to speed up the process? It really is irksome.

-- Walt