On Apr 13, 2011, at 12:48 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:

> MARK!
>
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
>
>> The stereotypical Leica owner does have a reputation for being a Puts,
>> though it's usually spelled a little differently.

It's actually fairly common that owners of high quality gear tend to fall into
two groups.  Those that spend the money because they need the quality, and
those that buy the gear for bragging rights. There are also a few people that
may not actually make full use of the performance, but buy the equipment from
an aesthetic appreciation of the quality. The same is true of cameras, cars,
tools, and probably sewing machines, dishwashers and vacuum cleaners. Of
course, very few people actually think that they spend the extra money just for
the snob appeal, they usually think that they're making use of the performance,
or at least out of appreciation of, dare I say, the craftsmanship.

I can't help but wonder if Pentax owners have a similar reputation for
annoyingly bragging about how our cameras perform as well, or better, than
other brands, but cost so much less.