On 6/4/2013 6:54 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
I read small market newspapers on a regular basis, and I've written features
for some of them. Local papers do tend to be somewhat haphazard, but they at
least give a voice to the community.

Breaking news in the Times and Journal may occasionally include some gaffes,
but they're rare. Feature articles are tightly edited by both department heads
and copy editors, then signed off on by the writers. Find a grammatical mistake
in a Times feature article. I don't think you can.

Paul
I don't think falling subscription rates have much at all to do with grammar. And, should the Times take the same route as the Sun-Times, I doubt seriously that the photography will be given quite the scrutiny that the grammar will in any event.

-- Walt