The G15 for $799 is a whopping $300 more than Amazon's price. I
appreciate supporting local businesses also, but that is quite a
premium.

The G12 for $325 is a decent buy. The cheapest used G12 on Amazon is $320.
The G1x doesn't seem to have reviews as good as the G12.

--
"Photography is a Bastard left by Science on the Doorstep of Art" -
Peter Galassi