I've been watching new Pentax Q's on Amazon and with the standard zoom the low prices have been around $250. There are still a lot of high prices out there though. A few days ago I found 2 vendors selling Q kits for around $250, today I only found this $239 offering (but I didn't look hard.)

http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-Black-Standard-Zoom-Lens/dp/B007SQB896/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1372212494&sr=1-7&keywords=pentax+q+lens

DXO Mark rates the original Q and the G12 sensors as roughly equivalent:

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/Cameras/Compare-Camera-Sensors/Compare-cameras-side-by-side/%28appareil1%29/722|0/%28brand%29/Pentax/%28appareil2%29/688|0/%28brand2%29/Olympus/%28appareil3%29/665|0/%28brand3%29/Canon

And with the Q you are buying a system so you can add more lenses and upgrade the body over time, use the K to adapter and Pentax flashes. But, the Q and standard zoom are not as compact as the G12 - easily fits into a jacket pocket but you need a larger belt pouch to hold the Q.

My Q-Cents! ;0

Mark