Thanks - these are the best of several tries at various stacks - devoted a good bit of the last two days to this as the process is pretty time consuming. I think I am only about 1/2 way through the stacks I shot. Most fail abysmally in the wings - they just get all jumbled together. I may try some other stacking programs and see if they do a better job of aligning the images, but the cell pattern in the wings and inevitable movement of them in the field will probably be an issue no matter what.

Thanks for looking!

Mark

On 7/7/2013 7:07 AM, Gerrit Visser wrote:
Those are amazing.

Perhaps humming softly would lull them into motionless appreciation?

Gerrit

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Mark C
Sent: Saturday, July 6, 2013 11:40 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: GESO - Stack Focusing Dragonflies in the Field

I'm trying to get my insect photos up to the next level, and it seems like
stack focusing is part of the process to do that. I worked on it yesterday
with mixed results - still have a lot of stacks to go through.
But here are the first:

http://www.markcassino.com/b2evolution/blog6.php/2013/07/06/stack-focusing-d
ragonflies-in-the-field

All taken with Pentax K-5 and A*200 f4. No flash since I needed to grab a
fast bunch of images to stack, and no way could the flash keep up.

All of these photos got flaws but maybe on a less windy day this will work
out. C&C appreciated.

Mark

follow the directions.