On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 3:50 PM, Stanley Halpin
<s...@stans-photography.info> wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2015, at 2:05 PM, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ... Unhappily, my
>> tastes and the group's tastes don't intersect much anymore…
>>

> OK, so I mostly do Nature and Scenic shots, with Wildlife thrown in.
> Sometimes the shapes and forms are my focus, sometimes it is the vibrant
> colors on the trees. Sometimes the trees have no leaves. You do Nature and
> Scenic shots, with wildlife thrown in. Sometimes the shapes and forms are
> your focus, sometimes the vibrant colors of the accessories. Sometimes your
> “trees" have no leaves. It seems to me that our tastes are very similar.
>
> Seriously, I think this is one of the aspects that I really enjoy about PDML.
> I am not likely to follow you or Bill into the studio. I am not likely to
> follow Larry or Igor onto the dance floor. I am not likely to follow Rob or
> Dario onto stage. But I do enjoy and believe I learn something from the
> challenges you face and the steps you take to overcome those challenges. If
> PDML was all about birds or Nature photography it would be rather boring.

Very well put, Stan!  I'm glad you put it that way. I hang around and
post the odd thing assuming that somebody will find it interesting.
But it seems like a pretty one-sided conversation much of the time,
and I've been seeking encouragement elsewhere.

And quite so: at the root of it I'm looking for form, texture, line,
colour, ... just like most of the rest of us. Those who aren't just
looking for gear anyway. ;)

--
-bmw