I think it was Google for me. I’d never owned a Pentax camera, but in early
2005, while deciding what was to be my first DSLR, I met a friend of mine from
Japan at a trade how and he’d just bought an *istDS and let me hold it and it
just felt “right.” So I got one. I must have found the PDML pretty quickly
after that, as within two weeks of receiving the camera I attended a PDML get
together in San Jose and met quite a few of the local members. (I also spent a
couple of interesting afternoons with Shel during his occasional visits to
Santa Cruz.)

The time I’ve had to dedicate to photography has varied wildly over the years.
There have been periods when I turned off the list because the volume of
traffic was overwhelming, but I always turned it on again when I got back to
shooting. Hopefully once again on the upswing.

- Marco