You mention of Shel and meals in the same sentence... He once said (paraphrasing from memory here) - "When you eat an excellent meal do you ask the chef what kind of pots and pans he used to cook it? Why then do you ask photographers what camera and lens they used to make a photo?" I often think of that line, to this day..

I sparred with Shel a few times but never felt offended - he was a memorable character. There were others, much much worse, whoo shall not be named...

Mark