On 18/03/2015 8:03 PM, Rick Womer wrote:
Lately I've noticed that the volume of PDML posts is way down. So,
being off this week and having some spare time, I did some research in
the archives.

In January 2015, there were 1234 posts from 52 members.
In January 2014, there were 2587 posts from 74 members.
In January 2013, there were 2667 posts from 70 members.
In January 2012, there were 3418 posts from 88 members.
In January 2011, there were 5091 posts from 109 members.
In January 2010, there were 4764 posts from 110 members.

So, in five years, active members are down by half, and the number of
posts is down by 3/4.

Heck, I bet when Bruce R. and Pseudo Mafud were posting we'd be getting in a day what we now get in a month,

There is more competition than there used to be (especially, recently,
from Facebook), but IMHO the PDML remains the best (of many) photo
discussion venues I've used over the decades. It would be good to turn
around this decline.

Because it's a private email list, I suspect we would have to involve Doug and see if we can get ourselves on some search engines.

How do we draw in new members? How do we keep both new and existing members?

Rick

It's the Hotel California of mail lists. All we need to do is wave the warm smell of Colitas and the promise of a dark desert highway in front of them and they will see our shimmering light.
And then, they are ours.

bill