On Apr 24, 2015, at 8:48 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:

>> On Apr 24, 2015, at 5:37 PM, James King <jamesk8...@mac.com> wrote:
>>
>> Stanley Halpin wrote on Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:08:15 -0700:
>>
>>> Apparently by upgrading to LR6.0 I was automagically joining the Creative
>>> Cloud.
>>> I downloaded LR6.0 to my computer. NOT the Cloud version. I do not now nor
>>> have
>>> I ever had a Cloud account. I don't want a Cloud account, I don't use
>>> Photoshop. I might want to explore Mobile if I had the time and if it had
>>> different features and if it allowed me to use something other than Adobe
>>> as my
>>> cloud storage site. But for now, I don’t want it and have not asked for it.
>>>
>>> But when I open LR6.0, it tries to synch my 150k photos to my Cloud account
>>> and
>>> displays a little note that I have 29 days left in my free Mobile trial.
>>> When I
>>> log into my Adobe account, my only option with respect to my magical 30-day
>>> free trial to Mobile is to purchase it. I just want it to GO AWAY! Adobe
>>> Help
>>> Chat and Forums are basically dead due to the volume of people probably
>>> with
>>> problems like mine. You may want to wait a few months before going to 6.0,
>>> give
>>> them a chance to add a STOP button that lets you off the Cloud.
>>>
>> *****
>> I read in one of the news announcements that Adobe will soon release the
>> standalone version, so a little patience is in order.  I, for one, plan to
>> wait…
>
> It was available from day one of the LR 6 release. Took a few moments to find
> it, that's all.

Godfrey - my issue was that I did look for the standalone, I did find it, I did
pay my $79 and downloaded, installed and am happily using the program. But, in
the process, I had an unasked for unwanted copy of Creative Cloud installed on
my system, and whenever starting up LR6 the system would busily start trying to
synch my 150k images to my 30-day-free-trial of Mobile that I did not ask for
and did not want. Eventually I found and uninstalled the Creative Cloud
application. I should not need to have to go to such extremes to opt out of
paying $120/yr for something that I don’t want, don’t need, and didn’t ask for.
No complaints about the program itself, just about the Adobe hegemony and its
policies.

stan