Sandy Harris wrote:
Godfrey DiGiorgi<godfreydigio...@me.com>  wrote:

It's all arrived and tested. After years of playing with so many Pentax bodies
and lenses, this is my favorite Pentax kit of all:

   https://flic.kr/p/AfvZpS

Pentax K-01 Marc Newsom in Yellow
FA43mm f/1.9 Limited in Pewter with Voigtländer 75mm optical finder
DA21mm f/3.4 Limited in Black with Voigtländer 35mm optical finder

It's exactly what I like to shoot with, fits in a tiny bag, weighs almost
nothing, and makes very very nice photos!

All Hail the Pentaxian!

Sounds fine. Hope you enjoy it&  get some great shots.

My rig is rather similar. I have 21 Limited&  DA 50 1.8. My current
body is a K100D, but I want to upgrade when budget allows.

I was thinking K-S2. Compared to K-01 it is over 100g heavier, but has
a viewfinder, articulated screen&  built-in wifi. Of course I could
look for a K-01 instead&  that would likely be cheaper. Does anyone
have comments on the choice?

Try to hold each of them in your hands first. I quite disliked the feel of the K-S2. If my hand was positioned so that my finger was on the shutter, the corner dug into my palm. If I held it comfortably, my forefinger rested on the scroll wheel rather than the shutter.

If you are still shooting with a K100D, then even upgrading to a used K-r will astound you with its performance and a K-5 will boggle you.

My understanding is that the base performance of the K50, K-S1 and K-S2 are all pretty similar, I don't know how they differ in body shape and feel.

--
Larry Colen  l...@red4est.com (postbox on min4est)