On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:09 PM, P.J. Alling <webstertwenty...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The K-50 is still available new, and it's a bit more traditional than the
> K-S2.  No blinky lights...

When you speak of blinky lights, I think you are thinking of the K-S1,
not the K-S2.
Speaking of which, the K-S1 with kit lens is only $199 (after $100
rebate) at Samy's:

Blinky lights aside, that's a seriously stupid price for a 20MP camera
with 5.4 fps and an optical viewfinder. The K-S1 also can take
advantage of the 16 GB Pentax FLU-card for tethering to your phone or
tablet via web browser. That's a crazy amount of features available
for the money. I've got half a mind to sell my K-01 and upgrade to the
K-S1 as my back-up camera.
http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Pentax-K-S1-versus-Pentax-K-01___971_783
That doesn't tell the whole story however.
The K-S1 can also bracket up to 5 EV (K-01 is 3EV) and has a faster
shortest shutter speed (1/6000) to the K-01's 1/4000. Also the maximum
ISO doubles the K-01.

--
Life is too short to put up with bad bokeh.