Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 7:48 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Marlene

Paul Stenquist wrote:
Marlene doesn't want me to discuss her condition, and I find myself reaching out on other topics, which feels heartless, but deflecting may well be worse.

We all understand.

A peaceful and painless conclusion is now the goal.. I've pretty much known this was inevitable since Dr. Kim, the surgeon, met with me outside the OR, 13 months ago. After six hours in surgery he looked defeated. "I wish I had gotten to this years ago," he said. "Is there hope? I asked. There is always hope," he said, head hanging.

Today,Marlene's best friend drove up from Chicago and they laughed and even danced a little. (She was with Marlene when we met at a bar in February 1971.) A rare good day, but all we can realistically do now is wait and hug and whisper words of love.

Did I tell you I deeply resent the ads from a cancer hospital that suggest they're beating the disease? They're not. It's a blatant lie aimed at getting more Medicare and insurance dollars. Fuck them.

As I see friends commenting all too often these days,
Fuck Cancer

Know that you are in the thoughts and hearts of your friends all over the world.

Paul via phone
Paul via phone

---
Questa e-mail รจ stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.