Thinking of you Paul - sometimes that course is the only way to go.

John in Brisbane

-----Original Message-----
From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Paul Stenquist
Sent: Friday, 30 October 2015 13:04
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Marlene

Marlene doesn't want me to discuss her condition, and I find myself reaching
out on other topics,
which feels heartless, but deflecting may well be worse.

A peaceful and painless conclusion is now the goal.. I've pretty much known
this was inevitable
since Dr. Kim, the surgeon, met with me outside the OR, 13 months ago. After
six hours in surgery he
looked defeated. "I wish I had gotten to this years ago," he said. "Is there
hope? I asked. There is
always hope," he said, head hanging.

Today,Marlene's best friend drove up from Chicago and they laughed and even
danced a little. (She
was with Marlene when we met at a bar in February 1971.) A rare good day, but
all we can
realistically do now is wait and hug and whisper words of love.

Did I tell you I deeply resent the ads from a cancer hospital that suggest
they're beating the
disease? They're not. It's a blatant lie aimed at getting more Medicare and
insurance dollars. Fuck
them.

Paul via phone
Paul via phone