I hope that she will have peace & surcease from pain. I hope that you will find them as well.

On 10/29/2015 11:39 PM, Paul Stenquist wrote:
Marlene doesn't want me to discuss her condition, and I find myself reaching
out on other topics, which feels heartless, but honesty may well be worse.

A peaceful and painless conclusion is now the goal.. I've pretty much known this was inevitable
since Dr. Kim, the surgeon, met with me outside the OR, 13 months ago. After six hours in surgery
he looked defeated. "I wish I had gotten to this years ago," he said. "Is there
hope? I asked. There is always hope," he said, head hanging.

Today,Marlene's best friend drove up from Chicago and they laughed and even
danced a little. (She was with Marlene when we met at a bar in February 1971.)
A rare good day, but all we can realistically do now is wait and hug and
whisper words of love.

Did I tell you I deeply resent the ads from a cancer hospital that suggest
they're beating the disease? They're not. It's a blatant lie aimed at getting
more Medicare and insurance dollars. Fuck them.

Paul via phone
Paul via phone

Paul via phone