Their stated objective is to restore the Caliphate to their ideal of its
maximum extent in the 7th & 8th centuries.

That includes all of the Iberian Peninsula,; Septimania; Aquitaine,
Midi-Pyrenees & Poitou-Charentes - as far north as Poitiers; the Balkans
to the Gates of Vienna; all of northern Africa including Kenya,
Tanzania, Mozambique, South Sudan, Chad, Central African Republic,
Cameroon, Nigeria, Niger, Mali, Mauritania and the various states along
the Gulf of Guinea & western Africa; Pakistan, Afghanistan & most of
India & Sri Lanka; Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.

If that's not "World Domination", it's still close enough for government
work.

Whether or not they can actually accomplish all that is questionable,
but they certainly have no qualms about murdering innocent civilians
anywhere in order to advance those claims. And they have no qualms about
killing all the Jews, whether in Israel or otherwise.

There's plenty of room for debate on the best way fight Islamic
Extremism without driving moderate Muslims into the arms of ISIS/ISIL.
There's a difference between Islam and Islamic Extremism. But, I'm
afraid that as things stand right now, Muslims who are not Islamic
Extremists are not yet doing enough to combat the extremists hiding in
their midst.

Recognizing that ISIS/ISIL are a threat and are intent on conquest,
spreading their interpretation of religion by the sword & the gun is not
anti-Islamic fervor.

And the claim that Germany and Japan were not seeking "World Domination"
in WWII is just willfully ignorant. It's right up there with Holocaust
Denial.