Igor, I had exactly the same experience with that 17-70 on my K5.
Now for K1,I use often the Sigma 28-105/2.8-4 that I bought long ago for my Z-1.

I hope Sigma will make their 24-105 available for Pentax, and I am very curious how the IQ of that lens would be compared to Pentax 28-105 and the Pentax 24-70 . Price wise that SIGMA would be in between the two Pentaxes.

Greetz, Jos

Greetz, Jos