I also like this from the essay: "Perhaps this is the motive at the
heart of the desire to take images – the record of a constant crossing
between feeling and thinking."

This, to me, speaks to not just Sieff's motive, but to photography in
general which is very precise, scientific and technical in many
aspects and purely artistic in others.

I have a copy of Sieff's 40 Years of Photography (Taschen) and much of
the joy of that book is in Sieff's memoirs and many little quotations
and quips used throughout. That man could write. Very dry,
self-deprecating humour; I love it.

--
-bmw