Good idea, Larry, I will take some before / after pictures for reference

I changed my plan a bit, The lens has a protection tube that shifts over sun-head when the lens is in the camera bag.

I will copy the sunhead on this tube, this becomes now a detachable sunhead for APS-C use.

The original fixed head I will cut away comepletely