No help. Except I have a lot of slides too. I still have an Epson flatbed slide scanner which I saved if I ever get around to my piles of slides. (When I first started photography I quickly switched from regular film and shot slide film instead.)

It does an amazingly good job, frankly. The only problem is dust. A microfiber cloth helps. And if the dust is kept low enough, then it's not too big a job to clean up the remainder in post processing. And it's a lot cheaper than a big slide machine. Also I am sure some of the newer Epson flat bed scanners are even better than mine.

But I am pretty sure that is not what you are looking for.

Marnie (aka Doe)