I have a lot of family slides from when I was kid. Stereorealist. So I figured someday when I am older and have more time, I would sit down and cut them in half and scan them. I can do about 8-12 at a time (don't remember) on the flat bed. It does do a good job and I wouldn't expect the highest quality (they didn't start as high quality anyway).

Of course, I am older now, and I find that now I don't actually have the time to do this. (Maybe when even older.)

OTOH, I am not sure these old family photos (many not of people but places we visited) are worth spending a chunk of change on either.

Marnie (aka Doe)