> On May 17, 2017, at 2:02 PM, Igor PDML-StR <pdml...@komkon.org> wrote:
>

> Hi All!...
> But I wonder, with a modern Mac, what happens when you insert a CD with a set
> of folders containing JPEGs into a Mac: will it offer to open a photo viewer
> (if nothing is configured to happen as discussed in #2 above)?
>

> Thank you,
>
> Igor

I believe it will totally depend on how the user preferences are set. On my
iMac, a CD with folders of photos is just like any other set of folders.
If/when I double-click on an actual image file (not a folder or sub-folder),
then Something will rise up to digest that file and render it in all its glory.
It might be Preview, it might be Photos, it might be Elements or it might be
Lightroom. etc. All depends on Preferences. Most likely it will not be an app
that will smoothly allow for right-arrow/left-arrow movement from image to
image. A lot of open file, view, close file, and repeat…

If it were me, I would set up a gallery within my poorly organized overloaded
Zenfolio-based photo gallery. I do that with family reunion photos for example.
With a direct link to that specific gallery and easy navigation once there it
simplifies the access for less literate viewers. Set the parameters to allow
download of original images and tell the parents to go wild. (And maybe provide
an email address i anyone needs Help?) If there is concern about “public”
posting of kids’ photos, password access to that gallery.

Many similar options but Zenfolio is the one I know. And a one-year
less-than-deluxe membership would probably be less than the cost of a bunch of
CDs.

Another option is to build and export your gallery from Lightroom as an
HTML-coded website which you can then host wherever.

If you do stick with the CD solution, however you structure the folders and
files (and any Mac-compatible .exe gadget), if you want to send me a link or
actual content (via dropbox for example) I can do a quick look at how it will
perform under OS-X.

stan