John Wed, 17 May 2017 16:12:19 -0700 wrote:

Why does it need to be installed? Wouldn't just a CD with folders to organize the photos suffice?

Not installed. I am considering that it would run a photo viewer or a web browser (unless autorun is disabled). That's for those who don't know what to do with Jpeg files..

Boris and Stan:
Yes, I hear you, and I use a very similar way of passing photographs to
people - via various *box cloud storage or my-own website.
In this case, the format is chosen by the teachers. It's either because they are used to that, or because they want to give people something tangible (or both). I will try to talk to them, but I am not going to insist. (And I won't be burning all the CDs myself. ... probably )

Stan, thank you for offering to check the format.. Unfortunately, it will be happening all too quickly that I won't have time for that.

Cheers,

Igor