My read on the situation is Pentax appears to be one of the few bright
spots on Ricoh's balance sheet.

Probably won't save Pentax if the parent company founders, but Pentax
isn't the cause of their troubles.

On 6/19/2017 17:51, Darren Addy wrote:
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/For-Ricoh-it-s-a-sink-or-swim-moment

This gives more credence to the story that Bipin shared back in April:
http://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/Ricoh-may-close-shutter-on-personal-camera-business

I have to believe that the Pentax division has made a name (and a
larger market for itself) enough that it would be an attractive target
for SOMEONE to purchase, but I **can't believe** that Pentax could be
looking at yet another transitional period.

Now that Pentax is using so many Sony chips, the company that really
makes sense owning Pentax is Sony, IMHO. </speculation>

We'll have to see how this plays out.

darren