Actually if the imaging surface and camera box, because that stupid protrusion is another camera box were replaced with an actual sensor you might be able to attach the thing to the back of a film camera with a removable back, or maybe remove the back from a less valuable film camera, and this thing /might/ be interesting, but then it would certainly be really expensive as well.