Paul Stenquist wrote:
Reworking old lens formulas might not work. The optimum image circle isn’t the
same. And there’s something about the older lenses that causes fringing. Clean
sheet new designs are probably a better direction. In my experience, the new
zooms are better than most of the A and FA primes.

I'd love for them to take some of the Rokinon/Samyang primes, make them weather sealed, and autofocus, maybe even HD coatings. My Rokinon 24/1.4 is a stellar lens for night photography. They've got a bunch of other nice looking lenses as well.

They could also team up with Sigma to produce some of the new Sigma lenses in Pentax mount, since Sigma isn't interested.