Wow, this is crazy... Sounds more than just throwing to see what
sticks...  I guess time will tell.

https://petapixel.com/2018/05/22/sony-investing-9b-in-image-sensors-aims-to-be-top-camera-brand-by-2021/

--
-- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding
it still. Dorothea Lange