> On May 21, 2018, at 8:36 AM, Stanley Halpin <s...@stans-photography.info>
> wrote:
>
> Christine, Bob, I will try to clarify. I slightly misspoke, and also we are
> talking about different programs.
> Too many versions with almost the same name.
> Old = LR5.x or LR6.x
> Newer = LR Classic CC                                [or LR Classic Cheers,
> Christine when customized for a particular user?]
> Newest = LR Creative Cloud aka LR CC
>
> My chronology may be a bit off, LR Classic CC may well have come along after
> LR CC, but Old, Newer, Newest equates to degree of integration to the Cloud.
> As I understand it.
>
> In the Old LR6.x, if I installed the Mobile App on my iPad, I had the
> behavior I described above. I.e., I could review/edit/synch material on my
> iPad. But only images which had been selectively sent to the Cloud from my
> desktop by indicating/selecting a collection to be synched.
>
> In the Newer LR Classic CC which you and I are using Christine, yes you can
> selectively synch new images from your iPad to the Cloud as well as work with
> images which you have selectively synched from your desktop to the Cloud.
> Because of connectivity issues while traveling, I have not used this set of
> features.
>
> In the Newest LR CC which I believe you are contemplating, Bob, I do believe
> that all of your images live in the Cloud. Whether you take a shot with your
> phone or import to your iPad or download from a card to your desktop, if you
> import to LR from any device anywhere, it will go to the Cloud within your
> catalogue there. I believe you can back up your images and your catalogue on
> your local internal and/or external  drives, but the assumption seems to be
> that you are working within the Cloud. When traveling without connectivity, I
> assume that the images on your device are just accumulated in a buffer of
> sorts and squirted to the Cloud once you are back in the civilized world of
> high speed connections. I.e., yes I believe you are right Bob.
>
> One additional note: it is my impression that the newest version, i.e. LR CC,
> does not yet have all of the editing tools available in LR Classic CC. I have
> no idea what is “missing” and haven’t paid attention as I have no interest in
> a total-Cloud solution.

Yes, this is key!!! With LR CC you DO NOT have access to the Print, Book,
Slideshow, and Map Modules.

I tried to send a response to PDML with the adobe link which has Julianne
Kost’s good video on the differences between the Lightroom versions, but it
seems to be held up for administrator approval.

Cheers, Christine