> On Sep 4, 2019, at 5:52 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Can’t give you much advice on print services since I always do my own prints.
> But be aware that that pixel count on the long edge nets a max print area
> length of about 17” @ 240ppi which is as low as I’d want to go for best
> detail on a landscape shot like that.

Thanks, Godfrey. Guess I’ll adjust the size of the test print downward.

WIAI, I take it “ppi" is "pixels per inch.” Data on this image as displayed in
Dropbox indicates 72 “dots per inch.” is that the same as "pixels per inch”?

This image was shot with an iPhone 6s using the default camera app, which saves
JPG files. If I we shooting RAW with the same camera would I be able to do
larger prints?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone,
men would die from a great loneliness of spirit."

- Chief Seattle