On 9/5/2019 11:08:33, Eric Weir wrote:

On Sep 4, 2019, at 5:52 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi <godfreydigio...@me.com>
wrote:

Can’t give you much advice on print services since I always do my own
prints. But be aware that that pixel count on the long edge nets a max
print area length of about 17” @ 240ppi which is as low as I’d want to go
for best detail on a landscape shot like that.

I have never printed a single photo. I'd like to give it a try. With this
image, just as a test:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/eeweir/48678438307/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/>
It’s 2.5 MB, 4032 x 2268 pixels

So now two questions: (1) My image is 72 dpi/ppi, far short of 240 dpi/ppi.
What can I do with that, i.e., what’s the largest print I could get? (2) The
camera was my phone, an iPhone 6s. The 72 dpi/ppi result was with iso at 25.
Is what I should expect? Will I ever be able to get good large prints with
this camera?

No, your image is 4032 x 2268 pixels.

72 dpi is the display resolution. Has nothing to do with printing.

Printed at 240 ppi, 4032 x 2268 pixels will give a print 16.8" x 9.45".

A good "printer" (i.e. service bureau like Bay Photo) can probably work with 200 ppi to give you a print up to 20.16" x 11.34" which could be cropped to the 20x10 print you wanted.

... although the guy in the back actually doing the printing is probably going to call you bad names. They much prefer at least 300 ppi.

But, when I was running the mini-lab I could get an "acceptable" result with as little as 150 ppi (C-type on Kodak Endura glossy paper).