On 6/1/2020 15:35:43, mike wilson wrote:

I've been quite surprised by the amount of support that the rioters seem to
have.  I'm astonished that someone whose business has been destroyed is also in
that cadre.  Race relations in the USA must be even worse than I envisaged.

The protesters have support.

The rioters & looters are hiding behind those protesters, stealing from them just as much as they're stealing from merchants.

The rioters DON'T have that support, but I doubt most people will understand the difference.

Race relations in the U.S. are ALWAYS worse than you imagine.