I looked at that project. The neat part of the base plate is that it takes the
load off the standard lugs (not designed for that kind of carry) and puts the
load at the base which allows the camera to lay flat more reliably.

It's primarily targeted to work with an SLR or largish EVF camera's shape and
largish lenses. It would be mostly useless with the different form factor and
relatively small/light lenses of a Leica M, for instance.

I use the Peak Design Leash strap, which max out at about 145cm (57 inches)
(plus a couple cm for the anchor bits). It's light, very strong, and easy to
use cross body, as well as easily length adjustable to suit your body and
preferences. It can be taken on and off a camera in a couple of seconds. A nice
strap!

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List