What??!!

From: "Claudio Guerri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Peirce Discussion Forum" <peirce-l@lyris.ttu.edu>
Subject: [peirce-l] Re: What
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:09:51 -0300
List,
I could not follow the last discussion on tenacity and related items in all details, since I was in Memphis and now in Pittsburgh and with no much time nor easy access to Internet.
But I think (I only think) that Peirce maid his best efforts in the direction of Logic-Semiotic-Philosophy. Even if he was aware of psychological aspects of thought, inquiry and so on, psychology and/or psychoanalysis are not his more developed fields. Even if Peirce is a kind of Leonardo da Vinci of his time we should (I just propose) change from Peirce to Freud and Lacan (and others) to find more specific information on items like 'reasons' or 'modalities' of inquiry that are not just logical or semiotical reasons.
I wrote already about a book of Michel Balat (I don't have the title here, but it's from the same editor as the last book of Bernard Morand). The text or research is already some years old but only recently edited (no so carefully edited as Bernard's one). It is on the concrete relation of Lacan's development of the psychoanalytic theory after having participated (apparently also with Louis Althusser) in a seminar by Recanati on Peirce.
Perhaps somebody of the List knows a way of making an English translation of that book... all Percians with some interest in psychological aspects will enjoy it very much... I can tell.
Best
Claudio