Boddhi,
     I'm not going to pursue this further, but I shall
simply note that I was reporting to you what the current
scientific consensus increasingly is.  I was aware of Robin
Hahnel's addition and am aware of some other pieces of
evidence, all pointing in the same direction.  Several of
your hypotheses could either have reinforced or been
strongly reinforced by what now almost certainly appears to
have been a very big asteroid hit kicking up CO2 at the
right time.
     But, I also said that, of course, we shall never know
for sure.  Heck, maybe the dinosaurs bought into the stock
market when the DJI hit 9200!
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley