Since when do Post-Keynesians subscribe to the ISLM model?
 ----------
From: Rosser Jr, John Barkley
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: What went right?
Date: Wednesday, March 11, 1998 5:41PM

Doug,
     You should have said "take that, Post Keynesians!"
Most garden variety Keynesians who believe in the ISLM
model (supposedly nobody does, but all policymakers and all
macroeconometric forecasting models do) would and did
predict that taxing the rich to reduce the deficit would
lower interest rates and stimulate investment in a
situation with a high budget deficit to begin with, as we
had. The rich have lower mpc's than the poor, so raising
their taxes does not reduce consumer spending as much as
raising taxes on the poor, again, a garden variety
Keynesian viewpoint.
Barkley Rosser (now all the PKs will get on my case)

 --
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]