Doug,
     Hmmm, must have missed those questions on pkt.
Actually some of the newer open economy ISLM models have
the main stimulus of an expansionary monetary policy, or of
any policy such as reducing budget deficits without a
monetary tightening that leads to lower interest rates
(remember Alan Greenspan sitting between Hillary and Tipper
when Bill proposed those tax increases much to Republican
horror?) as operating through an export stimulus arising
from a depreciation of the currency.
     Of course, now that the US dollar is surging, what
does this mean for the export stimulus?  For that matter,
why is it that the stock market is so easily shaking off
the lousy profit reports out of Compaq, etc.?
Barkley Rosser

--
Rosser Jr, John Barkley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]