Title: RE: [PEN-L:32701] Re: Maquiladoras not beneficial

to me, it doesn't matter that much whether deLong is a right-winger or not. I can filter out his right-wing opinions, just as I do with the New York TIMES or U.S. National Public Radio. Just as I filter out a lot of the crap that some left-wingers produce (e.g., conspiracy theories). The question is whether or not someone actually has something useful or interesting to say after the nonsense has been filtered out. I don't think we need deLong on pen-l, but some of his writings are useful from an academic/economics perspective, since he's smarter than the average troll.

BTW, pen-l needs more economics discussions.

Jim Devine [EMAIL PROTECTED] &  http://bellarmine.lmu.edu/~jdevine