I didn't say "hardwired and independent of social
conditioning," I said "visceral," meaning, "gut,"; I
wasn't speculating about its cause or origin. I used
to see this when I was teaching. Ohio students found
(male) homosexuality to be, eeww, yuck, gross,
dis-GUST-ing. How would you describe that except as
"visceral"? And their religious beliefs weren't
determinative,a lthough the Godly definitely were more
likely to share this reaction. So I mean, just
independent of religious beliefs. As you knwo, I don't
believe that it is even _coherent_ to talk about any
sort of behaviore independently of social
conditioning. (I'll send you a paper on this that I
can'ts eem to get published . . . )jks