On Fri, 14 Sep 2007, Christopher Nehren wrote:

CN>I've been working on cobbling together a modern mailing list manager
CN>written in Perl (Saddlebags), because I find it absolutely
CN>unacceptable that things like the dbic list are running on mailman.

Small world.  I've been working on cobbling together a modern mailing list
manager (slash web forum, slash nntp server, slash RSS server, slash
Atompub server...) written in Perl (Wirebird) because I find it absolutely
unacceptable that things like the rest-discuss list are running on
Yahoogroups.

(Mailman?  Luxury!)

CN>a part of this, the subject of storing emails in databases came up.
CN>Obviously, we turned to Email::Store.

Been there, done *that*...

CN>Of course, those of you who've looked at E::S know that it was written
CN>in the CDBI days, and is in fact rather tightly woven together with
CN>CDBI. Saddlebags is a primarily DBIC project, and I'd rather not bring
CN>in a module, for new code, that would have to use other new code's

... except I did it during the Great Class::DBI Meltdown, said "Heck with
this, all I really need's a phrasebook" and moved on.  I'd be willing to
revisit the mail archive part at some point, though.