On Monday 12 May 2008 20.41.58 Bram wrote:
> > Leave your todo test as it was to start with.
> > Create a new test file "development_values_that_shoulnot_change.t" in
> > your developer test directory (that's not just for pod right).

> Which is not practical at all.
> That means maintaining an extra test file for each file that defines a
> todo test and that means duplicating every todo test.
You don't need a file per test you can put multiple fail_but_I_want_to_know
tests in a single file?

> Which in the case of perl means 68 extra files and, at least, 150
> duplicated tests.
And you're not duplicating anything. You're trying to mix development tests
(which are known to fail) and release test that should succeed.

> And that still leaves the problem of when the test file is run.
> Should it be run by make test? Should it be run by ./perl harness?
Your choice. You don't even have to run your fail_but_I_want_to_know with the
other tests at all.

> It can't be run by make test since that would mean that it produces a
> FAIL if the behavior changes. (confusing users)
You don't need to have fail_but_I_want_to_know in your MANIFEST. Keep them to
yourself and you won't surprise anyone.

Cheers, Nadim.