# from Michael G Schwern
# on Monday 21 November 2011 17:56:

>In every single .t file that gets run by just about everybody.
>
>By being THE testing framework, it places an upper bound on how fast
> anyone's tests can be.  10 .t files per second, no faster.  That
> sucks.

I agree.  But, with XS mouse, you're only cutting the startup time to
0.07s from 0.09s, correct?  And really, 14.3 .t/s also sucks vs the
50 .t/s with v0.98, no?

Is there a way to remove some of the work Mouse is doing at startup?
What is it doing?

I did once suggest a pre-loading / forking harness (along the lines of
Test::Aggregate), though it would probably be much better to make the
test code start faster rather than need to work around it.

--Eric
--
You can't whack a chisel without a big wooden mallet.
    http://scratchcomputing.com