On Apr 10 I wrote:

> I've been booked to do some Perl training for a company that uses
> Windows.

A big thank you to those who offered advice with this.  I've just got
back from the client, and it went very well indeed.  Cheers!

In particular, thanks to Larry Rubinow for warning that calling scripts
directly (.pl files associated with perl.exe) breaks command-line
redirection (and for future reference, Windows 2000 hasn't fixed this).

The only thing I stumbled on was why modifying %ENV doesn't propagate
after the script has ended, when I realized that my `usual' answer to
delegates asking that question revolves around Unix processes and
sub-shells.  I remembered this question being in the FAQ, so found it in
perlfaq8 but unfortunately that gives a Unix-only answer as well!  Oh
well.

Thanks again everybody.

Simon
--