Arthur Schwarz wrote:
I can't get the 'Exporter' to work when I 'use Win32::GUI'. Example code
included below. Any fix? Anything I misunderstand?

Cygwin Perl v5.8.7
Win32::GUI  Win32-GUI-1.03 (12 Apr 2006)

art

# GUI.pl
package GUI;

Don't use package GUI.  The following code appears near the top of GUI.pm:

  # Reserves GUI in the main namespace for us (uhmmm...)
  *GUI:: = \%Win32::GUI::;

That will effectively move anything you define in the package GUI into the package Win32::GUI - which already has it's own exporter, so I'm not surprised you're seeing problems.

I've looked at it a number of times and would like to remove it, but I don't know it's history. I assume it's there for historic backwards compatibility reasons, and that the package was originally just called 'GUI' rather than 'Win32::GUI' - this line would have kept old code running - but I haven't been around long enough to be sure there isn't anything else that depends on this.

Does anyone know for sure?  Should we remove it?

Regards,
--
Robert May
Win32::GUI, a perl extension for native Win32 applications