Ok, I take that back, he is my hero too!  I used to wonder the same about
Linus (Torvalds) when
I was on linux-kernel, how he could handle so many patches, hold down a job
AND find time
to write code of is own is beyond me. Not to mention family, food, fun.

-Melvin Smith

IBM :: Atlanta Innovation Center
[EMAIL PROTECTED] :: 770-835-6984

                      Steve Fink

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         To:       Melvin
Smith/ATLANTA/Contr/IBM@IBMUS
                                               cc:       Perl6 Internals
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      01/15/2002 03:19         Subject:  Re: gcc warnings:
rx->startindex
                      PM

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 03:06:45PM -0500, Melvin Smith wrote:
> To be clear, what Andy is doing is the right thing (asking what the
> intent of a piece of code is), but I doubt everyone does this and
> I'm sure Dan doesn't check every single line of every patch before
> eating each one, or if he does he is, as of now, my hero.

Hey, he's already my hero! :-)

I'm quite sure he doesn't run make test after every patch, and I doubt
he reads every line. Or at least, I doubt he thinks hard about every
line. I don't require my heroes to be masochists. And remember, he
only signed up to be the internals _designer_!