Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Piers wrote:
>
>    > I'm kind of tempted to look at adding another pragma to go with 'use
>    > base' along the lines of:
>    >
>    >      use implements 'Interface';
>    >
>    > Which is almost entirely like C<use base 'Interface'> but with
>    > 'Interface' consisting of nothing but:
>    >
>    >
>    >      package Interface;
>    >
>    >      sub virtual_method;
>    >      sub virtual_method2 (#prototype);
>    >
>    >      ...
>    >
>    >      1;
>
> You and I must have been separated at birth, Piers.
>
> Here's what I wrote to Nat just yesterday:

 [ Neat 'interfaces' sketch ]

> If you'd like to run with it, be my guest (but check with Nat first, in
> case he wants it).

I'm not going to have time to produce an RFC on this in time for the
cutoff point. (Which seems painfully soon tbh). It's a shame there's
no way to put down a marker (maybe a title + summary) for an RFC that
one intends to flesh out Real Soon Now, but which won't be ready for
the deadline...

--
Piers