2000-09-27-05:28:01 Piers Cawley:
> Simon Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 05:25:28AM -0000, Perl6 RFC Librarian wrote:
> > > At the suggestion of others I've opted to freeze rather than
> > > withdraw.
> >
> > How might I persuade you to reconsider?
>
> I was kind of hoping that this one would get withdrawn as well.

As one of the first to jump up and encourage the freeze rather than
withdrawl, I feel obliged to speak up here.

It was being withdrawn for lack of interest and feedback, not for
any criticism. If (and that's a big if) this could be done --- make
everything an object --- with no damage to either performance (ruby
doesn't seem to be slower than perl, overall) nor to the language
(and that I really don't know about), then this would buy us some
wonderful power: we could trivially bring to bear the whole operator
overloading machinery from the O-O support for redefining the basic
operation of the language to customize it to application domains.

Could you please do us the service of being more specific about why
you want this RFC withdrawn, for the benefit of those of us who
don't automatically understand? We see potential for some really
exciting good here, and haven't heard where the harm is yet.

Thanks!

-Bennett

PGP signature