Simon Cozens wrote:

> Not really. Perl and JavaScript have very little in common, despite what
> members of this list would like to do.

One of the big problems with this current discussion is nobody on either
side (RFC included) is providing any specifics as to how this could
potentially work. As such, everyone is free to imagine their own
implementations and argue about them.

I believe the summary I sent out here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/perl6-announce@perl.org/msg00205.html

was a pretty good summation of the idea as was originally discussed on
the list.

I don't believe *anyone* was suggesting that we try to look like Python,
Java, or JavaScript with their horrendous dot-classes and required
knowledge of OO even to write simple scripts. If so, then yes please
retract this RFC ASAP.

However, I believe that the idea was, as the RFC says:

   =head1 ABSTRACT

   Everything in Perl becomes an object, out of sight,
   but within easy reach.

   Perl stays Perlish. Syntax remains fundamentally the
   same; Perl 5 code migrates well.

As list chair, I ask either:

   1. The people discussing this clarify themselves

   2. The people discussing this please drop it

Thanks,
Nate