Maxim Sloyko wrote:

I don't think this solves the problem, because what I usually want is the user to be able to use the application, but unable to see the DB password. So the user should have "read" permission set for the file, but on the other hand he shouldn't. It's not not a problem for Web App, though.

Storing passwords encrypted, decrypting before using doesn't cover this?
I've played around with Crypt::CBC (and different ciphers) for this sort
of thing but admittedly have not applied this to any production systems
yet.  You still have a key somewhere to hide/obscure.  You can also use
Perl source filters to totally encrypt the source -- something else I've
done but not in production.  Just some things you may want to look at ...

--
Steve Sapovits  [EMAIL PROTECTED]